Summer Youth Work Sites Needed
Thank you for your interest in serving as a work site for Summit County’s 2018 Summer Youth Employment Program.
Recruitment of youth and work sites for this year’s program will begin April 2, 2018.
CLICK HERE to register to serve as a work site.
- Summer work assignments will begin June 11, 2018 and conclude in August. This is an 8 week long program
- Work sites are needed that are willing to provide work to 16-24 year old program participants
- Youth participants will be allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week
- In special circumstances pre-approved by the county, some youth may work up to 30 hours per week
- All payroll matters will be administered by a county-contracted service that will take responsibility for youth pay, tax issues, and assume liability in cases of injury on the job
Those organizations serving as work sites will be asked to keep youth engaged in meaningful work at all times, provide basic daily supervision, and ensure timely submission of bi-weekly time cards for youth compensation purposes.